Synergy Building is pleased to be finishing their third and fourth
homes for The Community Home Trust (CHT)–previously known as Orange
Community Housing Land Trust (OCHLT.) CHT is a private, nonprofit
developer and steward of affordable housing in Orange County.
Teaming with Synergy, CHT has built four new “Green” homes in the last two years. These homes, located in Carrboro meet Energy Star standards and System Vision requirements as verified by Advanced Energy of Raleigh. The first of these home completed for CHT was featured in Chapel Hill’s Green Building Tour in May of 2008.
These homes include an open floor plan with first floor Master bedroom, two additional bedrooms upstairs and two full baths.
In addition to their spectacular floor plans they feature the following energy efficient items:
- Advanced Framing techniques ( a collection of techniques to reduce construction waste and the lumber required for wood-framed houses, while increasing energy efficiency and simplifying framing layout)
- Sealed attic and crawl space
- High-efficiency HVAC system
- Cold air ventilation system
- Spray foam insulation from Allied Spray Foam
- Energy Star® appliances
- Low- or no-VOC paints, caulks, & adhesives for good indoor air quality
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Low E windows
To read more about affordable home construction click here!